August 27, 2018

https://www.facebook.com/RutledgeBorough/videos/681674322207998/

MINUTES OF THE RUTLEDGE BOROUGH COUNCIL
August 27, 2018 Meeting
212 Unity Terrace
Rutledge, PA 19070

Meeting was called to order and Pledge of Allegiance recited at 7:04 pm.

Roll Call, present: Council President Heidi Sentivan, Vice-President Jody Roberts, Marie Govannicci, Ken Torres-Zickler, Samantha Newell, Lindsay Reed, Christine Zabel, Mayor Kevin Cunningham, Solicitor Christine Reuther, Administrator Barbarann Keffer

No Public Comment.

Minutes: August 6 minutes approved unanimously (SN/JR)

Trash & Recycling: SN suggested that Council organize a public meeting to discuss recycling once Council has a better idea of how to deal with the expected, escalated costs of recycling and trash. MG talked about the impact of the increased recycling and tipping fee costs on the budget and the budget process. CR suggested that Council review the contract with B&L Disposal.

Communications: the next Committee meeting was moved from the 13th to the 20th of September which is when the Fall Newsletter should be ready. Wren (from the Rutledge Observer) will be a guest columnist, doing an article on the Yard Sale.

Parks & Activities: MG left a message for Joe Maginnis regarding the trash cans and benches around Triangle Park and also about the condition of the infield. Thursday, August 30, the Oktoberfest Committee will meet at 7:30 pm: the food truck has been lined up; the tickets should be ready by September 8, the Yard Sale; beer steins have been ordered.

Public Safety: Chris from MRFC asked when Council needs the FC budget; the FC will do a 50-50 at the Oktoberfest. The FC 15th Annual Horseshoe Tournament is September 15 at Triangle Park, starting at 10.

Finance: JR spoke about working with Lisa Seal to get more financial reports to Council for the September 10 meeting and she continues to work on the process to align the budgets to the audit standards. Council will receive and review the monthly disbursement reports.

All Committees were requested to discuss their respective budgets and look for any possible funding changes/needs for 2019.

Past Catania Engineering unpaid bills from 2015 & 2016 have been sent to the Borough office; HS spent a good amount of time organizing the related paperwork and, along with JR, will work out a payment plan with Catania. There was discussion about how this situation has impacted the General Fund Balance and how it will affect the 2019 budget.

Streets: the recent torrential downpours have delayed completion of the bridge which now should be done by mid-September. There was some discussion about how the construction and the detours will impact school students.

Sewers: the start of Phase 3 of the sewer-lining project has been delayed and the reimbursement for the first two phases have been as well.

Building: the Committee continues to look for a painter and an electrician to do renovations upstairs. A draft of the Girls Scout hall rental agreement was given to all Council people for review and revision with the directive that any comments should be given by the next Council meeting (September 10). The Girl Scouts will start their meetings in October.

There was a sidebar conversation on the content of the newsletter.

Mayor: KC asked for there to be a moment of silence at the next meeting to commemorate the passing of Ryan Costello, a former Councilman. CG requested that Barbara Mascachelli (who had passed away earlier in the summer) also be acknowledged in the moment of silence.

New Business: The Cell tower carrier wants to expand, to bring in another carrier and add another pad. There was discussion abot updating the existing ordinance concerning the cell towers.

Motion to Adjourn, 8:25 pm (HS/MG)

Posted in meeting minutes