Employment Opportunities with the Borough of Rutledge
RFP For Triangle Park Master Plan
Rutledge Borough Temporary Open Positions
Rutledge Borough is looking for an individual (or two) who would be interested in helping the borough sort, organize, file, and properly discard materials from our storage files. Tasks include filing, scanning, and shredding of documents. This would be an in person job at Borough Hall overseen by Borough staff. The goal is to ensure access to borough documents and reduce out of date and no longer needed files. This will also help to facilitate updates to ordinances, and ensure proper record keeping practices.
Experience and skills needed: Experience with office filing, use of scanners, and basic office software helpful, but not required. Ability to learn and adhere to best practices for filing and record keeping a must as well as the ability to work adaptively and with limited direction. Priority will be given to Rutledge residents.
The borough has set aside funding for 100 hours at a rate of $7.25/hr. The expected end date of this work is 2/28/2020.
Rutledge Borough is requesting proposals/qualifications from a PA licensed attorney to perform duties of Alternate Borough Solicitor. Individuals responding to this Request for Proposal should have experience and a knowledgeable background and qualifications in municipal law, including the PA Borough code.
All proposals shall contain the following information:
CONTENTS OF PROPOSAL
In addition to demonstrating an ability to meet all minimum qualifications above, the firm must also include and address the following:
- Provide the name and address of the firm; the name, telephone number, fax number, and email address of the individual responsible for the preparation of the proposal.
- Provide résumés of the designated person that will be responsible for all services required in this proposal and of any associates in the firm that will be expected to deliver legal services to the Village.
- Include an executive summary of not more than two pages, identifying and substantiating why the individual or firm qualifies to provide the requested services. Describe any other factors the proposing party believes is relevant to its ability to provide the Borough with superior service. Include a summary of municipal legal experience with position held and length of service.
- List current municipal or government clients represented. Include a contact name, position and phone number.
- If you or any principal therein has been subject to any professional disciplinary action over the last three years, you must provide a description of the litigation and/or disciplinary action.
- Identify any existing or potential conflicts of interest, and disclose any representation of parties or other relationships that might be considered a conflict of interest with regard to this agreement with the village.
- Provide a proposal for compensation or a schedule of fees to be charged for professional services. If the respondent proposes to provide services for a flat fee or a fixed retainer, the proposal shall specify which services are not included. The proposal shall also specify the fee that will be charged for such additional services and the basis for the compensation. The Borough’s current solicitor is compensated as a monthly fee for attending 2 council meetings a month, the first and third Monday at 7:30 pm, and responding to standard items plus at an hourly rate for additional items. The Borough is seeking to obtain the provision of top-notch legal services at competitive rates and is open to alternative fee arrangements for the purpose of reducing its expenditures for professional services.
Sealed proposals must be received by 5 pm on December 18th, 2020. They may be mailed or hand-delivered to the following address. Proposals received after this time will not be considered.
Attn: Heidi Sentivan, Rutledge Borough Council President
212 Unity Terrace
Rutledge, PA 19070
AWARD & CONTRACT
Proposals may be opened by the Borough at any time after the submission deadline. All proposals satisfying the requirements of this Request for Proposals will be evaluated to determine which proposal best fulfills the needs of the Borough. Rutledge anticipates entering into a contract to fulfill the professional services needed. This Request for Proposals, however, does not commit the Borough to award a contract, to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of a proposal, or to contract for the goods and/or services offered. The Borough reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals received as a result of this request, to negotiate with all qualified attorneys or to cancel this Request for Proposals, if it is in the best interest of the Borough of Rutledge to do so.
Rutledge Borough is looking for someone to help on an occasional basis with building maintenance items such as painting, light carpentry, electrical and plumbing. This would be paid on an hourly basis of $18/hr. We anticipate work several times a year as needed.
Rutledge Borough is looking for a college intern interested in learning more about how a borough runs and who can help coordinate and organize borough ordinances and the borough website.
Qualifications: Excel, Word, WordPress, Google Docs, detail oriented and organized
Time: Initial meeting and then working remotely, with site visits as needed to coordinate materials. Coordinating, sorting and cataloging materials with Borough Administration, uploading information to borough website as needed.
Time: 4-8 hours a week for Winter/Spring 2021
Pay: Internship credits
We are an equal opportunity employer.