§16-101. §16-102. §16-103. §16-104.
§16-201. §16-202. §16-203. §16-204. §16-205. §16-206. §16-207.
CHAPTER 16 PARKS AND RECREATION
Part 1 Borough Park
Name and Location of the Borough Park Recreation Board
Rules and Regulations
Insurance Concerning the Use of Borough Facilities
Certificate of Insurance
Name of Insured
Borough Not Sponsor
Notification of Termination by Carrier Notification of Termination by Responsible Party
Part 1 Borough Park
§16-101. Name and Location of the Borough Park.
The track of land, located between Swarthmore Avenue, Rutledge Avenue and Waverly Terrace, and owned by the Borough is hereby established as a public park of the Borough of Rutledge to be commonly known as the “Triangle.”
(Ord. 321, 8/24/1976, §600.1) §16-102. Recreation Board.
For the purpose of supervision and maintaining the park, a Recreation Board is hereby established. Such Recreation Board shall be appointed and constituted as provided by law, and shall possess all the authority vested in Borough recreation boards by law. The first members of the Recreation Board shall be appointed as soon as practicable after the adoption of this Part.
(Ord. 321, 8/24/1976, §600.2) §16-103. Rules and Regulations.
The following rules and regulations are hereby established for the management and protection of the “Triangle,” hereinafter designated “the park”:
- The park shall be open daily to the public between the hours posted by the Recreation Board. At closing time all activities in the park shall cease and all persons in the park shall leave as soon as possible thereafter. No person, other than authorized Borough personnel thereof, shall be in the park at any time between the posted closing hours. Should the Recreation Board fail to post closing hours, then it should be generally understood the hours are sunset to 8 a.m. the following morning.
- No person shall injure, deface, remove , cut or damage any of the trees, plants, shrubs, turf, buildings, structures or fixtures therein, or any other property of the Borough located within the park.
- No person shall remove any bench, seat or table from the park or change the location thereof without permission from the Recreation Board or Borough Council Chairman of Recreation.
- No person shall conduct himself within the park so as to annoy any other person using the park for recreation purposes.
(16, PART 1)
PARKS AND RECREATION
- No person shall hold any meeting or gathering, assembled through advertisement or public notice, or any gathering otherwise assembled and composed of 25 or more persons, within the limits of the park, without having first obtaining permission from the Borough Council Recreation Committee Chairman.
- No person shall set up any booth, table or stand for the sale of any article whatsoever, within the limits of the park, without the consent of the Recreation Board or Borough Council Recreation Chairman, which shall have authority to refuse such consent in any instance.
- No person shall dispose of any waste or garbage in the park except in receptacles designated for the respective purposes. All persons using the park shall dispose of all waste and garbage left by them in such proper receptacles.
- No person shall injure, deface or destroy any notice, rule or regulation posted at any place within the park by authority of the Recreation Board, the Mayor or Borough Council. Nor shall any person post, at any place within the park, any notice or placard other than by the authority of the Recreation Board or the Council Recreation Committee Chairman.
- No person shall set or maintain any fire in the park except in stoves and fireplaces maintained for the purpose and located by authority of the Borough.
- No person shall bring any spirituous liquor into the park, either for his own use or for the use of any other person.
- No person, other than an officer of the law, shall carry any firearm within the limits of the park.
(Ord. 321, 8/24/1976, §600.3) §16-104. Penalty.
Any person who shall violate any provision of this Part shall, upon conviction thereof, be sentenced to pay a fine not to exceed $1,000 plus costs and, in default of payment of said fine and costs, to imprisonment for a term not to exceed 30 days. Each day that a violation of this Part continues shall constitute a separate offense.
(Ord. 321, 8/24/1976, §600.4; as amended by Ord. 374, 7/11/1988; and by Ord. 428, 7/2/2001)
Insurance Concerning Borough Facilities
§16-201. Insurance Required.
As a condition precedent to the use of any Borough ball fields, playing fields or athletic facilities, any athletic league, athletic team or similar entity will be required to produce evidence of a policy of liability insurance providing coverage to the league, team, similar entity and members thereof for the entire period of contemplated use.
(Res. 11/3/1986, §1)
§16-202. Certificate of Insurance.
A certificate of insurance from an approved insurance carrier evidencing coverage of not less that $1,000,000 per person/$5,000,000 per incident for bodily injury and not less then $50,000 per incident for property damage must be furnished to the Office of the Borough Secretary.
(Res. 11/3/1986, §2)
§16-203. Name of Insured.
The certificate of insurance must name the Borough of Rutledge as a co-insured or as an additional insured.
(Res. 11/3/1986, §3)
§16-204. Borough Not Sponsor.
The Borough of Rutledge is not to be construed to be the sponsor of any such league, team or similar entity but only as the owner of the property on which the league, team or similar entity will engage in its athletic activities.
(Res. 11/3/1986, §4) §16-205. Noncompliance.
Any league, team or similar entity which does not comply with the provisions of this Part will not be given permission to use the property of the Borough.
(Res. 11/3/1986, §5)
(16, PART 2)
PARKS AND RECREATION
§16-206. Notification of Termination by Carrier.
All certificates of insurance must include a provision for notification of the Office of the Borough Secretary by the insurance carrier within 24 hours of the lapse, cancellation or termination of the insurance coverage enumerated on the certificate of insurance for any reason.
(Res. 11/3/1986, §6)
§16-207. Notification of Termination by Responsible Party.
In addition to the foregoing, it is the responsibility of the league, team or similar entity to notify the Office of the Borough Secretary of any such lapse, cancellation or termination immediately.
(Res. 11/3/1986, §7)