RUTLEDGE BOROUGH Work Session Minutes
December 21, 2020
7:30 PM Council Meeting
The remote meeting was was called to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7.35pm
Roll Call Present: Heidi Sentivan, Jody Roberts, Marlaina Kloepfer (EX), Samantha Newell, Christine Gradel, Ken Torres-Zickler, Lindsay Reed, Mayor Kevin Cunningham, Solicitor Christine Reuther, Administrator Jen Mickle. Chief Stufflet and Tom Heron
- The question about shoveling the sidewalk along the edge of Triangle Park was asked.
- Given our manpower it’s not a priority. Council agreed it would be best to rope off the ends of the sidewalk if they are not cleared of snow and ice. The sidewalk ramp and entry to the park should be maintained.
- $489700 has been received through December 18th.
- 9 outstanding properties at $19556.18. TH anticipates that several of these will be paid before the end of the year.
- 7 outstanding special sewer at $5108.54
- Total of $24664.72 outstanding
- TH turns over the outstanding taxes not received by Dec 31st to the county in January.
- TH provided the sample tax bill for review. The actual data for each property would be updated when the software is installed.
- Chief’s Report
- Recommends giving any bonuses to the trash/recycling team directly to the driver
- Package theft is up. Recommends getting packages delivered when home or to a neighbor if possible.
- Thanks to everyone who did not park on the street during the snowstorm.
- Covid numbers in Rutledge are up and are far from ideal
- Remember to follow guidelines during holidays
Minutes: approval of the minutes of December 8, 2020 council work session HS/SN unanimous
Trash & Recycling:
- End of Year Newsletter will mostly consist of 2021 calendar
- will be finalized end of week
- will put new tax rate and summary of tax letter
- Include survey info for planning comm
Parks & Property:
- The Master Plan proposals have been received. We received 3 complete proposals and will be evaluating them shortly. The goal is to start the public master plan process in early February.
Activities: Luminary supplies will be available till the 24th.
- Will notify residents by the morning of the 24th if we need to switch to the rain date.
Public Safety: CG will check with the Fire Company on the status of the Fund Drive letter.
- There is some concern on how this will affect the Fire Company’s budget
- Bills list 12.9 to 12.21.2020 (except of line 1 and 4 which are a repeat from the previous bill’s list) HS/CG unanimous
- Reading of letter to the borough regarding taxes and fees
- Adoption of 2020 Budget & Letter Resolution 2020-11 HS/SN unanimous
- Parking during snow storm- thank you for not parking on street during storm
- Swarthmore Salting- thank you for helping when we had trouble with the spreader
- Stormwater Ordinance 2020- HS/JR unanimous
- Floodplain Ordinance 2020- HS JR unanimous
- Accompanying Watercourse definition for Section 27-202 Definitions
- Resolution 2020- for Treasurer retroactive to July 2020-HS/JR unanimous
- Office Position: We have received 3 resumes
Public Comment: none
Old Business/New Business:
- Resolution for 2021 Calendar 2020-10 HS/SN unanimous
- Catania has budgeted updating the Borough Floodplain Maps w/ Property Overlay at a cost estimate of $750-1800 range
- HS/CG unanimous vote of not to exceed 2k to complete this work
- Should take 1-2 days
- This is part of what is required to be reinstated with the NFIP. First we need to identify properties that fall within the floodplain. Once properties are identified we will need to review for construction work within the floodplain since 2009, when our municipality became non-compliant and was removed from the NFIP.
- Fee Schedule for January Business Meeting
- HS/JM working on. Please bring any fees to our attention that need to be added
- Changes to Tax Collector Position for 2022.
- TH said new tax collector needs to be certified
- CR says anyone doing taxes has to go thru proper education/certification process with the state
Executive Session: Personnel entered at 9:02pm
Adjournment 9:55 pm