RUTLEDGE BOROUGH COUNCIL Meeting Minutes
January 4, 2021
7:30 PM Council Meeting
The remote meeting was was called to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7.31pm
Roll Call Heidi Sentivan, Jody Roberts, Marlaina Kloepfer, Samantha Newell, Christine Gradel, Ken Torres-Zickler, Lindsay Reed, Mayor Kevin Cunningham, Solicitor Christine Reuther, Administrator Jen Mickle. MRFC Pres Joe LaSpina & Chief Don Holstein, Tax Collector Tom Heron
Public Comment: None
- Catania Engineering: Borough Engineer of Record
- Christine Reuther: Borough Solicitor
- Committee goal for discussion at January Work Session
- $48,672.87 total receipts
- 7 properties in the rears $15,893.59
- 5 sewer in rear $ 3215.40
- Total $19108.99 in rears
- They outstanding taxes are sent to Media on 2/1/2021
- Need to have Ordinance to charge costs associated with fees
- Tax software vendor meeting will be on 1.7.202. Software will be installed on the office computer.
- COVID cases are still up in county and Rutledge
- Stay out of other people’s houses and wear your masks
- Souper Bowl of Caring is happening
- Mayor K is not running for re-election so this will be his farewell tour
- Once things loosen up he is going out with a BANG!
Minutes: approval of the minutes of Dec 21, 2020 council work session HS/SN unanimous approval
- Newsletter- draft ready, to include Budget summary, Superintendent search, Planning Commission survey, Pothole notification.
Parks & Property:
- Master Plan Update & Steering Committee
- Reviewing 3 submissions
- Plan to start in February
- Work to be done Feb-Apr
- Luminary update- took place on NYE had a pretty good turn out
- Fund drive letter- to go out in Jan
- The activities committee is planning on trying to organize block captains this year to help distribute information and coordinate events.
- Welcome to Joe LaSpina as the new MRFC president
- Fire Company Report for Dec 2020
- MRFC to provide RB with the list of members who qualify for 2020 act 172 tax rebate.
- Bills list 12.22.2020-1.4.2021 SN/CG unanimous
- Approve payment to CharlesWilliamson for tax collector software
- Approx $950 annually- not to exceed $1500 for 2021
- Approve payment for scanner for tax collection- approx $300
- Updated 2021 Fee Schedule- Resolution 2021-01 HS/KTZ unanimous
Streets: Residents should contact SN about potholes
- Rental update canceled for Jan/Feb due to COVID. Reconsider for March.
- Meeting next week
- Getting together with EM
- Interviews are being scheduled for the Office Assistant position. 3 resumes were received.
- Joe McGinnis has resigned from his highway position. Billy Thomas will be filling the position. The Borough will be reviewing portions of this job that may be outsourced in the coming months.
Public Comment: None
Old Business/New Business:
- Tax Collector Update
- Council is working on the changes of Tax Collector roll for 2022, as many of the duties have been brought into the Borough Office with the new tax software. An ordinance update will be required to make changes to this position. The goal is to have a draft ordinance at the next meeting for review.
Adjournments: 8:28 HS/KTZ unanimous