July 9, 2018

Facebook Live Video

MINUTES OF RUTLEDGE BOROUGH COUNCIL

JULY 9, 2018: Regular Meeting
212 Unity Terrace
Rutledge, PA 19070

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE was recited and the meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm

ROLL CALL
Present: Heidi Sentivan, Samantha Newell, Ken Torres-Zickler, Lindsay Reed, Marie Govannicci, Mayor Kevin Cunningham

Public Safety: The agenda was altered in deference to Sgt. Bill Thomas who was in attendence.

The Mayor gave a detailed report of June Police activity including an increase in traffic citations since 420 closed. He thanked the SPD and the MRFD for their extra presence and activity for the 4th of July event. Joe Maginis was also recognized for his work to make the event special

Sentivan requested that SPD place a vehicle counter be placed at the 200 block of Linden Ave.

Public Comment: A resident questioned what else could be done by the Borough to alleviate the traffic problems cause by the construction on 420. PennDOT has been asked for extra signage of LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY (Sutton Avenue). There was some discussion of PennDOT procedures which apply to any streets touching a state road.
The resident suggested allowing parking on both sides of Linden for the duration of the summer to create traffic calming. Sgt. Thomas thought that would not be a problem for the police to enforce/allow.
The 420 construction is scheduled to be completed by Labor Day. A proposition to schedule a public meeting was discussed.

Minutes: 6.26.18 minutes with corrections unanimously approved; motion Newell, 2nd Reed.

Trash & Recycling Committee: Torres-Zickler reported that he spoke with Mike from B&L about recycling costs and will arrange for Mike to speak at a future Council meeting.

Communications: the Committee will meet Thursday, July 12 at 7:30 pm

Parks: Govannicci reported that the Girls Club sent a thank-you to the electrician that installed the scoreboard. Also, the U12 & U14 softball teams won their respective leagues and there will likely be a fall softball season this year. The SPD & MRFD were thanked as well for their help with the 4th of July events.
The Borough expects to spend $250 for the luminaries and candles which will be ordered through Swarthmore – the sand will be ordered at a later time.
Oktoberfest will be October 13.

Activities: Reed reported that over $2500 was raised from 55 households and that great information was collected from residents using the form regarding contact information and resident interest in specific volunteer projects.

Finance: a meeting with the Committee, Seal and Keffer will be set up sometime in mid-to-late August

Streets: a list of potholes that can be worked on with a possible September start date should be gotten from Maginis

Sewers: the closeout for the grants covering Phase 1 & 2 needs to be completed; Sentivan and Keffer are working on it

Building: the Committee met Friday, 7.6.18. Govannicci made a motion to add $25 (non-refundable) to the current security deposit; 2nd Reed. Motion approved.
There was a discussion of use of the Borough Hall Spaces for local non-profits. Reed stated that there should be a priority for local groups that want to use the space regularly, like the Girls Scouts. Sentivan/Newell to draft guidelines for use, including the maximum number of people, a security deposit, proof of insurance and other rules. The Girl Scouts would like to start using the lower hall in September.

Mayor’s Report: given at the beginning of the meeting

Public Comment: none

Old Business: none

New Business: none

Disbursements (what is this?) You can take this out. It is for when we approve bills.

Motion to Adjourn Meeting: Sentivan/Newell, 8:15

Posted in meeting minutes