MINUTES OF THE RUTLEDGE BOROUGH COUNCIL
June 1, 2020 Council Meeting
212 Unity Terrace
Rutledge, PA 19070
The remote meeting was called to order and the Pledge of Allegiance recited at 7:35 pm.
Roll Call, Present: Heidi Sentivan (excused absence), Jody Roberts, Marlaina Kloepfer, Samantha Newell , Christine Gradel, Ken Torres-Zickler, Lindsay Reed, Mayor Kevin Cunningham, Solicitor Christine Reuther, Administrator Jen Mickle.
Public Comment: none
Tax Collector: TH reported Deposits total $450,082.20 to date. TH said there are about 20 properties that remain unpaid going into the penalty period. TH reported that reissued checks from the escrow company providing property tax payments have been received and deposited. Additionally, the TD Bank account for the tax collector has been closed; a new account exists at TruMark.
Minutes: motion to pass the May 18, 2020 council meeting minutes (KTZ/CG); passed unanimously.
Mayor’s Report: KC thanked everyone for helping out with the Memorial Day service, practicing social distancing and wearing masks.
KC made some calls to make sure that the SHHS graduation parade would be coming through Rutledge on Friday night.
Finance: Approval of the bills list from May 19 – June 1, 2020, SN/KTZ; passed unanimously
- Fire company report
Parks: Motion to accept mulch and installation bid from Jansen in the amount of $2365.00 Motion SN/LR passed unanimously.
- 2018 Property Maintenance Code Vote- Adopt with small edit of small edit Motion CG/LR passed unanimously.
- Update on floor Floors were repolished on Friday
- Plans for reopening borough hall/borough properties
- Staying closed in yellow and checking into what it will mean when we move to green
- Items discussed included limiting types of events, maximum number of events per weekend, and maximum capacity
- CR encouraged changes to contracts to include new limits and no liability on the part of the Borough
Activities: On June 6th there will be a Borough wide parade for Rutledge grads. The police and fire company will be leading the parade. The June movie in the park has been cancelled. The July and August movies are still scheduled and will hopefully be able to happen.
New Business: CR stated that there is a State of Emergency for the County is in effect due to rioting.
6 Counties including Delaware County are getting an extra 7 days to mail in their ballots, although this may be challenged in court.
Motion to adjourn, 8:20 pm. (KTZ/LR).