RUTLEDGE BOROUGH COUNCIL MINUTES
March 1, 2021
7:30 PM Council Meeting
The remote meeting was was called to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7.32pm
Roll Call Heidi Sentivan, Jody Roberts, Marlaina Kloepfer, Samantha Newell, Christine Gradel, Ken Torres-Zickler, Lindsay Reed, Mayor Kevin Cunningham, Solicitor Christine Reuther, Administrator Jen Mickle. Guest Tom Heron and Joe LaSpina Jr
Public Comment: None.
- Report Attached.
- Discussed possibility of putting liens on properties that owe back fees.
- Thank you for moving cars during the snow storms.
- Thank you to our highwayman Billy Thomas for such a good job.
Minutes: Approval of the minutes of February 15, 2021 work session. HS/SN unanimous
Parks & Property:
- Basketball net is up- Discussion of the need to wear masks or the Borough will be forced to take it back down
- Master Plan Update: Next Public Meeting on Saturday, March 13th at 1 pm
- Great turn out for 1st meeting
- Concepts will be discussed
- Comments can be sent to email@example.com
- Fire report February 2021
- JLJr- MRFC just received the proof for the fund drive letter once approved, it will be sent out to Morton and Rutledge residents. There was no fund letter in 2020. It will be important for residents to donate as fundraisers have not been possible during COVID.
- St. Patty’s Day event update (Sunday, March 14 @ 1pm)Entertainment to include a special guest and music. Hunt for clovers and prizes.
- Easter event update (Saturday, April 3 @ 1pm) Something different this year- Candy shoot at the front of Borough hall and the Easter Bunny in a new costume.
- Bills list 2.16.2021-3.1.2021 JR/SN unanimous
- Funds remaining in Small Waters Grant: $102,000
- 85/15 grant
- Possible Options for remaining funds:
- #1 caps for resident to seal backyards
- #2 replace manholes
- CR- see if borough can install flow monitors to track possible problems
- Act 537: update for next meeting
- Decora/Aqua has requested that Rutledge pass this resolution.
- Still under review by the Borough. Update at next meeting
- Building Use for Covid Vaccines:
- Rios Pharmacy has reached out about possibly using the Borough Hall as a mass vaccine site (possibly running on a weekend)
- Rutledge Borough is open to this, although details would need to be worked out including signing a contract to limit the Borough’s liability
- Next Committee Meeting will be on the 9th- discussing future needs of the building structure
- Update on May rentals
- Vote to approve hours for additional filing of old boxes and weekly office help
- Funding already accounted for in 2021 budget under office staff
- Goal is to be finished going through and filing/shredding old boxes by 6/30/2021
- Estimated 160 hours for old boxes plus up (averaging 7-8 hours per week)
- Additional 4 hrs/wk for additional work helping Lisa and Jen with office tasks
- Motion HS/KTZ unanimous
Public Comment: None.
Old Business/New Business: Vote to approve Tax Collector Ordinance 2021-01 HS/LR unanimous
Adjournment 8:30 HS/SN unanimous