RUTLEDGE BOROUGH COUNCIL MINUTES
November 16, 2020
7:30 PM Council Work Session
The remote meeting was was called to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7.35pm
Roll Call Present: Heidi Sentivan, Jody Roberts, Marlaina Kloepfer, Samantha Newell, Christine Gradel, Ken Torres-Zickler, Lindsay Reed, Mayor Kevin Cunningham, Solicitor Christine Reuther, Administrator Jen Mickle. Chief Stufflet and Jack Breslin MRFC
Executive Session Update: In the previous meeting Council went into Executive Session to have a Personnel discussion related to 2021 hours and the budget.
- KC went over the police report for Nov 2020
- Chief stated that there have been no major cases of covid in officers in Delco
Minutes: approval of the minutes of November 2, 2020 council meeting HS/JR unanimous
Trash & Recycling:
Parks & Property:
- ProMax fencing invoice $25,600.50 ($28445-10% retainage) HS/SN Unanimous
- Comes with a 1 yr bond to fix any problems
- The remainder will be paid when the gate is properly working.
- Master Plan RFP Update, vote to advertise
- HS reached out to 6 firms that may be a good fit
- The Master Plan process and community meetings will be held completely online. The RFP requires a minimum of 3 community events & a final presentation to council
- Vote to advertise HS/KTZ unanimous
- Tree Lighting will be Monday, December 7th. It will be virtual.
- Val Haber and 2 or 3 of her voice students may come to sing carols and holiday songs
- Jack Breslin said Santa will do a drive by at the event so that the kids know everything is alright and he is still coming
- Luminaries: Still working out the logistics but it will be different this year, to maintain social distancing.
- Reading of the 2021 Budget
- Bills list for 11.3.2020-11.16.2020 JR/CG unanimous
- Sewer package is already paying off after 2 yrs
- Vote to advertise final budget HS/CG unanimous
- Will not be increasing taxes
- Trash rate will go up. This is based on usage rates from this year.
- Sewer rate will go down, due to the reduced flow from the Borough. Rutledge is the only Borough in the CDCA that will have lower rates this year. This is due to the relining that has occurred over the past several years.
- Millage rate will adjust to reflect reassessment.
- Current rentals/COVID
- Hall Rental 2021 Projection/Budget
- EOP- Need partner
- Floodplain Ordinance & Stormwater Ordinance: Vote to Advertise MK/HS unanimous
- The Planning Commission has provided some feedback.
- No substantial changes were made
- Community Outreach to be considered, to explain to residents the changes to permitting for Stormwater and areas within the borough affected by the Floodplain
Personnel: Job Postings for: Administrative Support, Alternate Solicitor, Building Maintenance, Borough Intern
Old Business/New Business: COVID Update numbers are up, please maintain social distancing, wear a mask and be careful.
Adjournment 8:46pm HS/SN