RUTLEDGE BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
November 2 , 2020
7:30 PM Council Meeting
The remote meeting was was called to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7.35pm
Roll Call Present: Heidi Sentivan, Jody Roberts, Marlaina Kloepfer(Excused), Samantha Newell, Christine Gradel, Ken Torres-Zickler, Lindsay Reed, Mayor Kevin Cunningham, Solicitor Christine Reuther, Administrator Jen Mickle. Tax Collector Tom Heron and Jack Breslin from the Morton/Rutledge Fire Company
- $475,676.42 collected- 17 houses still owe at approx $31K
- TH set up PO Box (#59) for next year’s tax collection ($84/yr)
- Both Lisa Seal and Jen Mickle are authorized to access
- Misprint in the inquirer of 100 new Covid cases, we really have 12.
- CR-we have had an increase since kids have gone back to school, mostly related to the social portion of sports.
- KC wanted to thank HS & everyone who helped with the candy shoot.
- Noted the kids all said thank you and practiced social distancing.
- Asked everyone to get out and vote tomorrow and again stay safe while practicing social distancing
Minutes: Approval of the minutes of October 19, 2020 council meeting: HS/SN unanimous approval
Trash & Recycling:
- Would like to have another newsletter between now and the end of the year.
- Consider making it a mailing to include budget & schedule for 2021
Parks & Property:
- Fence is now self-closing, but there are still a couple of lingering issues.
- Cleaned up concrete
- Waiting for Catania recommendations for payment
- We have a new face mask sign to put up at the playground entrance.
Activities: Halloween Rundown:
- 1st pumpkin carving contest with 21 entries
- Mayor’s candy shoot was a big success
- MRFC October report
- Decided to purchase the Suffin Engine
- Fund Drive Letters going out in the next 2 weeks
- Preliminary Budget Discussion JR went over Draft version
- Public version will be presented at next meeting
- Bills list HS/KTZ unanimous approval
- Updated Fee Schedule to include more detailed wording. HS/JR unanimous
- Meet next week to discuss rental projections for 2021
Planning: Stormwater and Floodplain Ordinances review for Nov Meeting
- Planning commission meeting next week to go over, may need some guidance on this
- Finishing up EOP
Public Comment: Chambers Memorial is have a blood drive 11.18 2-7 pm
Old Business/New Business: Election update
Executive Session : 8:27pm to discuss personnel.
Adjournment 8:45 pm