BOROUGH OF RUTLEDGE
DELAWARE COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA
Ordinance No. 477
AN ORDINANCE OF THE BOROUGH OF RUTLEGE AMENDING THE REGULATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS RELATING TO DECKS IN Â§27-609 OF THE BOROUGH OF RUTLEDGEâ€™S ZONING ORDINANCE
WHEREAS, the existing Zoning Ordinance sets forth regulations and requirements for the building of Decks in the Borough of Rutledge;
WHEREAS, after consideration of the Planning Commissionâ€™s investigation and recommendations relating to amendments to the regulations and the building requirements of decks, the Borough Council has determined to accepted these recommendations.
WHEREFORE,the Council of the Borough of Rutledge does hereby ORDAIN as follows:
SECTION 1.The Borough of Rutledge Zoning Ordinance Â§27-609is hereby amended to read as follows:
- Decks shall be considered as accessory structures which shall comply with the applicable provisions of Â§27-603 (accessory uses and structures).
- Decks shall be included in the calculation of impervious surface according to the following guidelines. Decks under 200 square feet with a space between each plank and if the deck is constructed over a pervious surface will be treated as pervious; decks greater than 200 square feet will be treated as 50% impervious; decks with roof coverings, no space between planks or constructed over an impervious surface will be treated as 100% impervious.
- Decks shall be permitted only in the rear yard and the side yard.
- Decks shall occupy not more than 400 square feet.
- Prior to construction of a deck, a permit must be obtained from the Code Official
SECTION 2.Â Â Borough Council authorizes the appropriate Borough officials, officers, solicitor and employees to take any and all necessary actions required to carry out the intent of this Ordinance.
SECTION 3.Â Â All Ordinances or resolutions or parts of Ordinances or Resolutions, insofar as they are inconsistent herewith, are hereby repealed.