MINUTES OF THE RUTLEDGE BOROUGH COUNCIL
September 21, 2020 Council Work Session
212 Unity Terrace
Rutledge, PA 19070
The remote meeting was called to order and the Pledge of Allegiance recited at 7:32 pm.
Roll Call, Present: Heidi Sentivan, Jody Roberts, Marlaina Kloepfer, Samantha Newell, Christine Gradel, Ken Torres-Zickler, Lindsay Reed (excused), Mayor Kevin Cunningham, Solicitor Christine Reuther, Administrator Jen Mickle. Guest Chief Stufflet and Tom Heron
- TH spoke with Charles Williamson, the software vendor, and they will start the software install and training the 1st or 2nd week of January. This will allow the cost of the new software to be budgeted as part of the 2021 budget.
- CR said she would get TH a pdf of draft property assessments under RTK and will let him know how many residents have appealed.
- We can make the 2021 draft budget available prior to the final assessment numbers from the county, but the advertisement for the millage rate cannot be advertised until those are finalized.
- The final assessment values from the county should be available by December 1st.
- Delco Arts Week Proclamation
- Police report
- Chief Stufflet said they will be doing more ENRAD to track speed at various street locations around town. If residents have locations that they would like monitored, please contact the Borough.
Minutes: Approval of the minutes of September 8th , 2020 council work session. HS/JR unanimous approval.
Trash & Recycling:
- The goal is to get the next newsletter out early October.
- Need Halloween information as soon as possible.
- HS is preparing a voting flyer to answer frequently asked questions about voting.
Parks & Property:
- Playground Fence Update- almost complete. Waiting on gate and installation of the correct posts.
- CG updated Council. The Fire Company Annual Drive letter will be sent out in October. Given the lack of fund raisers, it is important for residents to donate.
- The Borough is willing to add fire company information to the Borough Facebook and webpages.
- Bills list- HS/MK unanimous approval
- 2021 Budget timeline/planning -looking at timeline for draft budget & to meet time for advertising
- Hall Rental Capacity for 2020- Max 25 ppl for the rest of 2020 HS/MK unanimous approval
- Fire Company Use for 2021- 2 free rentals are approved
- The Morton SEPTA station is undergoing a Safe Routes to Transit planning study for future safety improvements with DVRPC and the Delaware County Planning Department. We should send out another blast, the Q&A is still open for 9 more days. https://tinyurl.com/yxb4d9gr
- Planning a borough engagement event in Oct about solar on Borough Hall.
- Welcome Back to Joe McGinnis, the borough highwayman.
Old Business/New Business:
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day will be held on September 25th at 5pm in front of Borough Hall
- Native American Guest speaker, crafts and music
- with Mayor Marty, State Senator & State Rep
- Activities committee will partially fund
- Donation jar will be out to raise funds for the Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape Tribe
- Ballot Box/Election Update
- Ballot Box will be installed outside office
Adjournment at 8:20 HS/KTZ unanimous approval